Friday, June 6, 2008

i love you

From 5/12/2008

I know you are a person who loves deeply. I know you are afraid of loving me. I know you question whether or not I am good enough for you, whether I am refined enough, safe enough, enlightened enough, sensitive enough or whatever, whether or not I fit into your life plan. I don’t care about any of that. I love you because I want to love you, not because I want you to love me back. I give you my heart because I want to give it to you, I like the way it feels to be enamored and intrigued by you. If you chose not to give me your heart, I will be sad but I will still love you. I reap the benefits of loving you because it keeps my heart open, it allows me to feel things I don’t feel when my heart is closed, it allows me to write this letter and other letters letting you know how much I appreciate you. It allows me to relax because I don’t have to pretend that I don’t love you and I don’t have use all my mental energy to come up with all the reasons why I shouldn’t love you.

No comments: