Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Lover

There is a hole inside of me
an emptiness that needs filling
a place that is hungry for soul food
I tried filling it with pop culture
with sex
with mindless human interaction
but it drained from the hole
like bathwater from the tub
and now its empty again
I need my muse
My mysterious lover
Who makes music instead of children
Who writes books about truth
Who teaches others about life
I dreamt about him last night
We danced into the cold ocean
We laid down in it and drank in the
desire of each other
my lips close to his ear
using my breath to seduce him
his resistance futile
and when I woke I knew I missed him
I need him
I am withering without him
like a rose cut from the vine
I am nothing but
empty ears
vacant eyes and
hollow heart without him
I must seek out my lover again to
feed me
fill me
deeply
with his starry starry night, his brass saxophone and
his wade in the water jamboree
He is the source of hope
of light
of life
the only one who fills the intimate place inside me
wholly
completely.
There is a hole inside of me
an emptiness that needs filling
a place that is hungry for my lover.

No comments: